3.22.2008

power tools and a paint brush



so...I never thought that I would be use power tools ever! Well, one of my classes right now has completely set me apart from most ladies my age. Interior Design seems to be a very girlie career choice but I now think otherwise. In residential construction I sit in a class full of guys and only about 10 percent girls. In there we have learned about the steps required to pour a concrete slab, how to complete an estimate for any sort of construction job, and then yesterday I was in the construction lab handling 2x4's and power tools. I learned how to use the nail gun, actually two different ones, a framing gun and a rough framing gun, and then two different sort of hand saws. All of which were pretty scary because I want to keep all of my fingers. Anyway, I think that it is crazy. I think that you could say that an Interior Design degree is a well rounded one....

1 comment:

jenni said...

Wow. I am very impressed!
:)